What is SheTrades in The Gambia?
SheTrades in the Gambia aims to facilitate the integration of Gambian women-owned businesses in the economy and increase their participation in trade. The initiative will be implemented in collaboration with the Ministry of Trade, Regional Integration and Employment.
- Enhance your visibility and get connected with potential buyers, investors, suppliers and business support organizations
- Increase your skills and knowledge to grow your business through webinars, online training and face-to-face workshops
- Receive support to participate in regional and international trade fairs and buyer and seller meetings.
Criteria for Applications for women-owned businesses:
- At least 30% owned, managed and controlled by woma(e)n
- Residing in The Gambia
- In one or both of the focused sectors: Horticulture and Textiles and Garments
- Hold a user account on www.shetrades.com
Applications for the second cohort are now closed. With 74 applications, 30 women will be selected to benefit from the project.
Are you a potential buyer or investor?
- Increase your visibility and identify new partnerships with key corporations, government agencies and institutions
- Explore new market opportunities and strike business deals by connecting with sellers and suppliers from The Gambia
- Gain recognition as a champion of women’s economic empowerment
If you have any questions, please email SheTradesGambia@intracen.org