Course Description and Goal
The goal of the EQUALS Leadership Coalition Capacity-Building Course on "Access to Finance for Women in the Technology Sector” is to develop the capacity of women in the tech sector to meet the needs of investors and secure investment leads. The course will include 5 1-hour long, webinars led by technical experts.
· Gain essential knowledge and skills to improve your company’s access to finance
· Learn how to develop financial projections
· Understand which financial instruments are right for your tech company
· Understand investor requirements
Who is eligible?
· Women entrepreneurs in the technology sector
· Women employees in technology companies wishing to take the entrepreneurship route
Course Structure Summary
The course will consist of 5 webinars on topics related to improving the ability of women in the technology sectors to access to finance (see list of topics below). Webinars will be recorded for access at a later time and posted as links on www.shetrades.com and the EQUALS website. After the last webinar, participants will be required to complete one final assignment to complete the course.
On behalf of EQUALS partners, certificates will be awarded to registered participants who attend all 5 live webinars or watch the recordings and successfully complete the final assignment.
Session Dates and Topics*
Each webinar will be delivered by an expert from the EQUALS Partner network. Sessions are intended to be interactive, and questions are encouraged.
Time: 13:00 (Central European Time)
Duration: 1 hr
3 March 2020: Creating financial projections – Part 1
25 March 2020: Creating financial projections – Part 2
21 April 2020: Understanding investor requirements
26 May 2020: Identifying the right financial instruments for your technology company
23 June 2020: How to get ready for corporate contracts
7 July 2020: Course assignment due
21 July 2020: Course completion, final evaluation, and awarding of certificates
August -September 2020: one-on-one mentorship opportunity with experts for participants who successfully completed the course.
*Please note that exact webinar dates and time will be confirmed 1-2 weeks ahead of time and the order of the topics are subject to change depending on the availability of experts.
REGISTER HERE: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/shetradesinvest
· Registered participants will be sent the webinar link on WebEx or Zoom approximately 48 hours in advance.
· Should you have any technical difficulties, please refer to this guide on how to use WebEx.
· A midterm and final evaluation survey will be sent to all participants and presenters for feedback.