Register here: http://es4b.org/survey/view.php?id=57077
Course Description and Goal: The goal of the EQUALS Leadership Coalition Capacity-Building Course on “Business and Leadership for Women in the Technology Sector” is to develop the leadership, knowledge, and skills of women entrepreneurs and girls in the technology sector so that they can increase the competitiveness of their companies and motivate their own teams.
· Gain essential knowledge and skills to improve participants’
· Learn the fundamentals to effectively lead people and teams
· Manage organizations as well as tools to analyse business
situations and develop strategies
· Learn from experts in the field about making your business more
· Women entrepreneurs and girls in the technology sector globally
but also in core project countries: Ghana, Indonesia, Pakistan, Rwanda, South
· Women entrepreneurs and girls across partner networks in the
· Women employees in technology companies wishing to take the
· Larger technology firms
· General audience
Course Structure Summary: The course will consist of a series of 10 webinars on various topics related to “Business and Leadership for Women and Girls in Technology” (see list of topics below). Webinars will be recorded for access at a later time and posted as links on EQUALS and other sites. Each session will require successful completion of a key follow-up activity (quiz, written assignment, application to their own business).
On behalf of EQUALS partners, certificates will be awarded to registered participants who attend all 10 live webinars or watch the recordings and successfully complete each assignment within 7 days of the live webinar session.
Session Dates and Topics* Each webinar will be delivered by an expert from the EQUALS Partner network. Sessions are meant to be interactive, and questions are encouraged.
Time: 4pm GVA time/9am EST
Duration: 1 hr
1. 31 October 2018: Women's Economic Empowerment and
Entrepreneurship in a Digital World
2. 19 December 2018: Turning an Idea into a Tech Business
3. 30 January 2019: Strategic Management
4. 12 February 2019: Interpersonal Communication and midterm
5. 26 February 2019: Foundations of Leadership
6. 27 March 2019: Obtaining a Loan from a Commercial Bank and
7. TBC April 2019: Creating Pitch Decks and Securing Impact
8. TBC May 2019: Negotiating contracts
9. TBC June 2019: How to digitize your business and maximize user
10. TBC July 2019: Marketing and Communications Strategies
In August 2019, the EQUALS Leadership Coalition will complete the final course evaluations and awarding of certificates.
*Please note that exact webinar dates will be confirmed 1-2 weeks ahead of time and the order of the topics are subject to change depending on the availability of experts.
Follow-up Activity: After the session, participants will be able
to submit responses for up to one week after the webinar via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: “EQUALS LEADERSHIP COALITION ACTIVITY # 5.”
· To attend the course webinars and receive updates, participants
must register for the course here: http://es4b.org/survey/view.php?id=57077
· Registered participants will be sent the webinar link on WebEx,
Zoom, or Skype for Business approximately 48 hours in advance.
· Should you have any technical difficulties with WebEx, please
refer to this guide on how
to use WebEx.
· A midterm and final evaluation survey will be sent via Machform
to all participants and presenters for feedback.
For any questions, do not hesitate to contact email@example.com
For more information on the course, please visit:
About the EQUALS Global Partnership: In 2017, ITU, GSMA, UNWOMEN, United Nations University (UNU) and the International Trade Centre (ITC), launched EQUALS, the Global Partnership for Gender Equality in the Digital Age. EQUALS is a multi-stakeholder initiative that brings together international organizations, private sector corporations, government agencies, civil society, and academia to address the growing digital gender divide. In collaboration with partners, EQUALS aims to achieve equal access and use of digital technologies; support equal participation of women in STEM programs; and promote equal participation of women professionals and leaders in the technology sector and digital entrepreneurship by 2030. For more information, visit www.equals.org/about-us.
About the EQUALS Leadership Coalition: ITC co-leads the EQUALS Leadership Coalition with UN Women, which aims to address the barriers that prevent women from rising to the top of their chosen technology field. Coalition members from leading private and public sector organizations will strive to empower women as ICT leaders, creators, and entrepreneurs through a range of actions that leverage their global presence and build on their own success stories including training and mentoring women to create tech businesses and readily assume leadership roles; facilitating better access to finance and funding through venture capital opportunities, angel investors and impact investors; and identifying regulatory and policy barriers that are limiting women’s ability to access and monetize opportunities. For more information on the Coalition, visit https://www.equals.org/leadership.