This year we celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action and the 20th anniversary of UN Security Council Resolution 1325. This year also kicks off the “Decade of Action” for achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
This session focuses on specific measures governments are taking to make trade possible for women entrepreneurs. The International Trade Centre will present SheTrades Outlook, an innovative tool for trade and gender equality, funded by the UK as part of a wider programme of support for women entrepreneurs for women across the Commonwealth. SheTrades Outlook can play a valuable role as the world recovers from the economic impact of COVID19. This session will introduce the tool to the public and policy-makers will discuss highlights of SheTrades Outlook for their countries and provide an insight into how we can build back better.
When: 7 July 2020, 12pm to 1.30pm (EDT).
Where: Online via Zoom
• Baroness Sugg CBE, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Minister for the Overseas Territories and Sustainable Development) and Prime Minister’s Special Envoy for Girls’ Education, United Kingdom (confirmed)
• H.E. Y.B. Dato’ Seri Mohamed Azmin Bin Ali, Senior Minister for Economy, Minister of Trade and Industry, Malaysia (invited)
• H.E. Ms. Paula Gopee-Scoon, Minister of Trade and Industry, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (confirmed)
• H.E. Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade, Canada (invited)
• H.E. Dame Pauline Tallen, Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, Nigeria (invited)
• Ms. Dorothy Tembo, Acting Executive Director, International Trade Centre (confirmed)
• H.E. Honorable Minister Tipu Munshi, Minister of Commerce , Bangladesh (invited)