At the WTO’s 11th Ministerial Conference, the majority of WTO Members joined the Buenos Aires Declaration on Trade and Women’s Economic Empowerment. Countries have agreed to explore the links between trade and women's empowerment through dedicated events, discussions, and exchange of information.
Rwanda, African Development Bank, Asian Development Bank, Intra-American Development Bank, International Trade Centre and Islamic Development Bank, in cooperation with the WTO, would like to invite you to the Trade Impact Group seminar on Smart Financing for Women’s Entrepreneurship.
Date: 11 October 2019
Location: ITC Conference Room (54-56 Rue de Montbrillant, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland)
REGISTER HERE: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WX5D529 with your name and organisation by 18:00 on Wednesday,10 October 2019.
Kindly ensure to bring your UN/WTO badge or a form of identification for ITC security purposes.
This seminar focuses on advancing women’s economic empowerment through financial inclusion, with an emphasis on trade finance and impact finance. Speakers will share experiences and lessons learned, discuss challenges and opportunities going forward, and highlight implications for policy makers and the international community.
Confirmed speakers include:
· Mr. Agyinsam, Chief Executive Officer of the EXIM Bank of Ghana and President of the Global Network of Export –Import Banks and Development Finance Institutions
· Mr. Steven Beck, Head of Trade and Supply Chain Finance Program, Asian Development Bank
· Ms. Vanessa Moungar, Director of Gender, Women and Civil Society, African Development Bank
· Ms. Vanessa Erogbogo, Chief, Sustainable and Inclusive Value Chains Section, International Trade Centre
· Ms. Samantha Hung, Deputy Representative, European Representative Office, Asian Development Bank
· Ms. Christine Roddy, Executive Director, AlphaMundi Foundation
This event is part of Building Bridges Week, taking place from 7-11 October in Geneva, Switzerland. The week is made up of over 30 events that will foster new conversations and collaborations aimed at accelerating the finance industry’s contribution to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
For questions, please contact: email@example.com